Monday, June 29, 2015

One More Week

Oh how quickly the tides can change.

We have been enjoying nearly a month of happy and healthy little man. Very little daily twitching and more personality than we've seen in a long time. The last few days have been quite different. It's strange how quickly things can change. I wish I didn't have to write a blog like this, I hate being a downer. But if I'm honest, the last few days have pushed us further than we've ever been. Three major seizures since Thursday and two just in the last 24 hours.

One more week. One more week.

It's a mantra I keep repeating in my head. One more week until we go into the hospital in MN for Jameson's week long EEG. One more week to answers...treatments...hope. If we can just keep him stable for one more week, these doctors will figure it out. Give him what he needs. Give us a plan. A lifeboat.

I hope they're as good as we expect them to be. Putting your trust in a doctor you barely know to help improve your child's life in slightly terrifying. But what choice do we have? One more week.

Prayers for answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment