Monday, November 24, 2014

Thankful

It can be really easy to get into a dark place when you're feeling like the odds are stacked against you. The obvious question, "why me?" can slip into the deep dark crevices of your mind. Being angry about having to watch your child, spouse, parent go through something incredibly difficult. Anger...that's the easy way to deal with it. Perhaps the more difficult way to look at it, is to be thankful. In honor of thanksgiving and having a positive outlook, I'm dedicating this blog post to everything I'm thankful for. 
  • I'm thankful for my incredibly selfless parents who've gone above and beyond to help little man and myself when we needed it most. They love him more than anything and care for him as if he were their own. 
  • I'm thankful for an amazing group of doctors and therapists that care about Jameson not only as a patient, but as family. They are constantly looking for ways to make his life better. It never ceases to amaze me how much they think about what more they can be doing to help him. 
  • I'm thankful for the support I've gotten from a whole lot of people I've never met. Joining online communities of other parents with special needs children was one of the best things I've done since Jameson was born. They are the lifeboat that I climb onto in the midst of the storm. Always compassionate and always there when you just need to yell at the world. 
  • And lastly and most importantly, I'm thankful for little man. He is the most amazing soul I will ever know. He is an angel on earth, here to inspire me to be a better person. 
I know everyone has their challenges that they're dealing with both inwardly and outwardly. Sometimes, it doesn't feel like there's much of anything to be thankful for. But I can guarantee you, there is. There is always a silver lining and always reasons to give thanks. :)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment