Monday, September 30, 2019

Looking forward to Fall!

Hi all! It's been a few months since I blogged, so why not? :)

Jameson has been doing pretty good since my last update in June. The biggest struggles have been seizures (always!) and urinary tract infections. We are coming up on the 5 year anniversary of J-boy getting his vesicostomy to help prevent worsening function of the kidneys due to reflux. The vesicostomy has been a blessing in that we've had 5 years of stable kidneys!! But in the last year or so, we've been struggling with infections in his bladder because of the vesicostomy being a opening that allows all sorts of bacteria to brew and cause mayhem. This is a work in progress trying to figure out what the right thing to do is. Our last visit with urology was good, and we're adding a cranberry supplement to his list of medication to see if it helps at all. We've tried daily antibiotics in the past, but they cause their own host of issues. So for now, we'll keep working at it and seeing what our options are in the future. (Hopefully no more surgeries!)

One big thing that has been changing is my time with buddy. I've been blessed to be working the last 5 1/2 years for a wonderful company that is great with flexibility and work/life balance. So, starting a few months ago I transitioned to working in the office on Mondays and Fridays and the rest of the week at home. This has allowed me more time at home with Jameson, which is amazing. I love getting him out of bed in the morning. I love getting to hang out with him all day. It is a great balance and I've been very blessed at this company to be able to do it. I still don't work on Wednesdays, and my goal this fall will be to do as many fun things with J-boy as possible while school is in session and most places are open but not busy. Zoo, Science center, Art museums, Movies, etc!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out our update. Hope everyone has a wonderful end of summer and fall! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment